Galena & Jo Daviess County, IL has a summer adventure for everyone for Labor Day Weekend! Whether it’s a time for family to connect before the hectic school schedule really kicks in or it’s an end-of-the-summer getaway, book your trip today using this helpful guide!
1. Chestnut Adventure Package – One fee per person (One Single Rider Soaring Eagle Ride, Unlimited Alpine Slide Rides and One Round Of Miniature Golf or Disc Golf) Spend the day outdoors with all of the adventure opportunities at Chestnut Mountain Resort. Dine on the patio at the Sunset Grille overlooking the Mississippi River and enjoy the amazing view! You can also bring your mountain bike and explore the trails surrounding the resort. Check in at the front desk for a map! (photo by Chestnut Mountain Resort)
2. Explore the Galena River by canoe, kayak or paddle board! Visit Fever River Outfitters and choose your mode of transportation down the Galena River. Lessons are available and you can decide how long you’ll be renting the equipment. Head to Fritz and Frites Bistro for a nice ros√© and steamed mussels after a day on the river! (photo by madiknockel on Instagram)
3. Scooter to the Vineyard – Ride a motor scooter from Fever River Outfitters on gorgeous remote country roads to the Galena Cellars Vineyard (approx 12 miles). Plan to relax on the wrap-around porch and enjoy the views! After you‚Äôve indulged in the essence of fine wine and the lush green countryside they’ll drive you back to town. Advanced reservations required. (photo by Eliot Vernon)
4. Hot Air Balloon Ride – Get ready to lift off with Galena On The Fly! Drift above the rolling landscapes of Jo Daviess county and the historic Galena, Illinois countryside while taking in views of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin from your 3,000-foot-high perch. The balloon holds up to 14 people so bring the family and your camera!
5. Foot Golf at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa – East Course and Lacoma Golf Club – “FootGolf is a combination of soccer and golf; played with a regulation #5 soccer ball with 21-inch diameter cups. Turf (soccer) shoes are recommended when playing.” Learn more HERE – (photo by Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa)
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to learn more Insider Tips about Galena and Jo Daviess County, IL! If you’re out on your adventure and need to reference our Insider’s Guide, find us on Flipboard!