We talk a lot about Girlfriends’ Getaways in Galena & Jo Daviess County, but let’s turn our attention to the men! There are tons of options for your bachelor party, reunion with college buddies or getaway from everyday life, we have plenty to keep you busy.
Here’s our Top 10 Things for Guys to Do in Galena & Jo Daviess County:
1. Golf -¬† Jo Daviess County is home to TEN stellar golf courses, all with great views of our Driftless Region. Click HERE for a detailed list of all ten courses! Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa can check lots of boxes for your vacation…four golf courses, fishing and fantastic bar & dining options.
2. Chestnut Mountain Resort – Winter isn’t winter without downhill skiing and snowboarding at Chestnut. Did you know about their Alpine Slide, Segway Tours and mountain biking during the summer? You can have lunch and dinner while enjoying the sweeping views of the Mississippi River after a day out on the hill.
3. Fever River Outfitters – Your one stop shop for adventure! Rent a canoe, paddle board or kayak and hit the quiet Galena River. You can also rent bicycles and scooters to get a larger overview of Galena & Jo Daviess County! Fever River Outfitters has what you need for an active vacation, enjoying the outdoors.
4. Guided Hunting & Fishing – Whether it’s a half day or a full day, you and the guys can spend the day outdoors hunting pheasant & chukar with experienced guides at River Valley Hunting (Scales Mound). You can also spend the day with Galena Fly Fishing Outfitters.
5. Yote’s Archery Den (Stockton) -¬† Practice your aim at the indoor archery range and stock up on bait and fishing supplies. Stop by the Corner Tap down the street on a Friday evening for FREE endless buffalo wings!
6. Log Cabin Steakhouse -¬† Call ahead and reserve Al Capone’s booth at the Log Cabin Steakhouse. Premium cocktails and food, along with great service and atmosphere! Check with your hosts about having the Log Cabin Limo/Bus pick your group up and don’t forget to order the flaming Saganaki!
7. Local Museums – Interested in the Civil War era, space or trains? Tour the Planetary Studies Foundation Earth & Space Museum and¬†Chicago Great Western Railway Depot Museum in Elizabeth, then the Ulysses S. Grant Home and the Galena & US Grant Museum for a look at our rich history.
8. Taste & Tour -¬†Head to Blaum Bros. Distilling Co. of Galena to see how they make handcrafted spirits and enjoy a cocktail in their modern copper & leather tasting room. You can also order a flight of local brews and grab a bite to eat while listening to great music at Galena Brewing Co.
9. Live Music – See who’s onstage at the The Corner Stone, Council Hill Station or The Grape Escape (where you can also play Golden Tee)!
10. Cars, Cars, Cars – Every Thursday Night starting May 21, you can head to East Dubuque for Gary’s Graffiti Nights, a weekly cruise for cars & trucks made in 1972 and older. Afterwards you can head to Mulgrew’s for a foot-long chili dog!
Plan your trip at galena.org! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily ideas on how to Enjoy Galena Country. See you soon!